PMGA Handicap Committee
2023 Event Schedule
Click an event below – because many of our events fill quickly, we encourage you to sign up for any or all events now on ForeTees. Call the Pro Shop at 970.226.6600 if you have any questions!
February 4th - PMGA Poker Tournament
PMGA Poker Tournament
Starts @ 11:00
Cost: $35 (Includes Entry Fee and Lunch)
February 27th - PMGA Indoor Putting
PMGA Indoor Putting
Putting Course around Clubhouse
Starts @ 6:00
Annual indoor putting event. We turn the clubhouse into a putting/wedge course. Teams will be selected by the Golf Shop but if you want to be paired with someone please put it in the notes. Also if you have another twosome that you would like to compete against please put that in the notes as well.
March 25th - PMGA Mulligan Madness
PMGA Mulligan Madness
Saturday, March 25th
- Individual Stroke Play with a twist. Each player is allowed 1 mulligan per shot but once a mulligan is in play it must be played. Flights will be determined by Handicap Index. A Mulligan must be dropped in the general area but may be placed on the putting green.
- TEES BLUE Tees unless you have a White Tee Permit
- HANDICAP 100% of Course Handicap
- ENTRY FEE $40 per player
- $10 Skins Game – Optional (Cash)
- $5 – Gross Skins
- $5 – Net Skins
- GROUPS Threesomes for Pace of Play
- TIES Scorecard Playoff
- RULES U.S.G.A. Rules will govern all play with the exception of
the local rules listed on the back of your scorecard. No
one ball rule.
- Lunch will be delivered on Course
April 8th - Masters Match Up
Masters Match Up
Saturday, April 8th
Cost: $15 per Member
Format: 2 Player Net Scramble Paired with PGA Pro’s Saturday Score.
Auction Friday Night at 5:30pm in the Bear’s Den (Opening Bids will start at $5)
Starts May 4th - TNL - Thursday Night League
PMGA Thursday Night League
Starts May 4th
TNL – Team Match Play
Dinner & Drink specials will be available every Thursday evening in the Bear’s Den.
$175/Man – 2 Person
Team $125/Man – 3 Person
May 6th - PMGA Icebreaker
Saturday, May 6th
- The Icebreaker is the annual kickoff event for the Men’s Association schedule. The format will be “Double 2 Man Best Ball Rotation” for a fun, low pressure event to start the season!
- Team members are ranked by handicap index, A, B, C, D. This cannot be altered.
- Holes 1-6 teams are A-B, C-D
- Holes 7-12 teams are A-C, B-D
- Holes 13-18 teams are A-D, B-C
- Each two man team produces a net best ball score for every hole. Those two scores are combined to produce a total team score!
May 12th & 13th North/South Cup PCC vs FCCC INTERCLUB
May 12th & 13th
Ptarmigan Country Club vs. Fort Collins Country Club Interclub
Champions of the prior season
MAY 19th & 20th - PMGA Ptrifecta
Saturday, May 19th & 20th
Friday – Scramble Format
Saturday – Best Ball & Chapman Scotch
Dinner Friday Night
June 10th & 11th - PMGA PFourman
Sat & Sun, June 10th & 11th
Four Man Teams
$60/Man Plus More Wagering Options
- Modified NET Stableford
- Albatros – 8
- Eagle – 5
- Birdie – 2
- Par – 0
- Bogey – -1
- Double Bogey – -3
- Old School Calcutta – $100 per Man
- (Optional “NOT REALLY”)
June 24th - PMGA Silo Stroke Play
PMGA Silo Stroke Play
Saturday, June 24th
Individual Stroke Play – Flighted
July 15th - PMGA Jeffe’s Hot Ball
PMGA Jeffe’s Hot Ball
Saturday, July 15th
Four Man ABCD Teams
This will be a ABCD 2 Net BB hot ball event. Each player will have their own ball count for four holes with a MAX SCORE NET DOUBLE BOGEY. You will combine that “hot” ball with the best net ball from your other partners. Hole #8 and #10 will be BONUS holes as you can pick the best 2 Net BB of your group!
July 26th - 29th - PMGA PTRAP SHOOT
PMGA PTRAP SHOOT
Wed to Sat, July 26th – 29th
On behalf of the PMGA Board, we would like to formally invite you to attend
this season’s premier Men’s event, the Ptrap Shoot. Each year this fantastic
event brings together our members to showcase our great club to family,
friends, and business associates from all over the country. The Ptrap Shoot
combines the best that golf has to offer in competition and social entertainment.
Considered one of the finest Member/Guest events in all of Colorado, the Ptrap
Shoot is sure to create another year of wonderful memories for all of its
participants. We look forward to your participation!
Two Man 45 Hole Tournament w/Matches
Multiple choices of Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
This year’s entry fee is $1,350. If you are interested in playing, sign up on ForeTees by April
9th and send your check payable to the Ptarmigan Men’s Golf Association to:
PO Box 270786
Fort Collins, CO 80527
Checks must be mailed to the above PO Box and postmarked prior to April 9th, 2023. No
entries will be accepted at the Pro Shop or the front office. Cancellation Fee is $200.00 without a
lottery, $250.00 with a lottery.
August 12th & 13th - Ptarmigan Club Championship
Ptarmigan Club Championship
Sat & Sun, August 12th & 13th
Tee Times from 7:00 AM
2 Day – Individual Stroke Play
August 26th & 27th - Ptarmigan Senior Club Championship
Ptarmigan Senior Club Championship
Sat & Sun, August 26th & 27th
Tee Times from 7:00 AM
2 Day – Individual Stroke Play
September 9th & 10th - PMGA Member/Member
Sat & Sun, September 9th & 10th
Calcutta- Two man create your own team
- Two Day Event (Saturday & Sunday). 9:00 am Shotgun both days.
- Calcutta is Thursday Night at 7:00 pm.
- Day 1 Format – 2 Man Best Ball
- Day 2 Format – Both Balls Count
- THIS IS ONE OF TWO TOURNAMENTS THAT ALL PLAY WILL BE FROM THE BLUE TEES.
- MAX 10 Shot Differential between partners
September 23rd - PMGA Design Course Challenge
PMGA Design Course Challenge
Saturday, September 23rd
October 5th - PMGA FLOG
Thursday October 5th
3:30 PM Shotgun
ABCD Back 9 Backwards (Par 3’s)
October 13th & 14th Poudre River/ Clear Creek Classic PCC vs RHGC INTERCLUB
Poudre River/ Clear Creek Classic
October 13th & 14th
Ptarmigan Country Club vs. Rolling Hills Golf Club Interclub
PLAYER OF THE YEAR POINT LEADERS