PMGA Handicap Committee
2021 Event Schedule
Click an event below – because many of our events fill quickly, we encourage you to sign up for any or all events now. Call the pro shop at 970.226.6600 and mark your calendars!
March 1st - PMGA Indoor Putting / POSTPONED TILL FALL 2021
PMGA Indoor Putting
POSTPONED TILL FALL 2021
Putting Course around Clubhouse
Starts @ 6:00
Annual indoor putting event. We turn the clubhouse into a putting/wedge course. Teams will be selected by the Golf Shop but if you want to be paired with someone please put it in the notes. Also if you have another twosome that you would like to compete against please put that in the notes as well.
April 3rd - PMGA Mulligan Madness
PMGA Mulligan Madness
Saturday, April 3rd
- Individual Stroke Play with a twist. Each player is allowed 1 mulligan per shot but once a mulligan is in play it must be played. Flights will be determined by Handicap Index. A Mulligan must be dropped in the general area but may be placed on the putting green.
- TEES BLUE Tees unless you have a White Tee Permit
- HANDICAP 100% of Course Handicap
- ENTRY FEE $30 per player
- $10 Skins Game – Optional (Cash)
- $5 – Gross Skins
- $5 – Net Skins
- GROUPS Threesomes for Pace of Play
- PAYOUT Top 5 in each Flight
- TIES Scorecard Playoff
- RULES U.S.G.A. Rules will govern all play with the exception of
the local rules listed on the back of your scorecard. No
one ball rule.
- Lunch will be delivered on Course
April 10th - Masters Match Up
Masters Match Up
Saturday, April 10th
Time: 10:00 Shotgun
Cost: $15 per Member
Format: 2 Player Net Scramble Paired with PGA Pro’s Saturday Score.
Auction: Friday Night at 5:30pm in the Bear’s Den, we will auction the PGA Players that make the weekend cut at the Masters. (Opening Bids will start at $5)
April 24th - PMGA IceBreaker
Saturday, April 24th
- The Icebreaker is the annual kickoff event for the Men’s Association schedule. The format will be “Double 2 Man Best Ball Rotation” for a fun, low pressure event to start the season!
- Team members are ranked by handicap index, A, B, C, D. This cannot be altered.
- Holes 1-6 teams are A-B, C-D
- Holes 7-12 teams are A-C, B-D
- Holes 13-18 teams are A-D, B-C
- Each two man team produces a net best ball score for every hole. Those two scores are combined to produce a total team score!
Starts May 6th - TNL - Thursday Night League
PMGA Thursday Night League
Starts May 6th
TNL – Team Match Play
Dinner & Drink specials will be available every Thursday evening in the Bear’s Den.
$175/Man – 2 Person
Team $125/Man – 3 Person
May 7th & 8th North/South Cup PCC vs FCCC INTERCLUB
May 7th & 8th
Ptarmigan Country Club vs. Fort Collins Country Club Interclub
Champions of the prior season
MAY 15th - PMGA Silo Stroke Play
PMGA Silo Stroke Play
Saturday, May 15th
Gross and Net Scores in multiple flights
- We went to the archives with this old classic! Just a good ole fashioned stroke play event…count em all boys. The field will be flighted depending on participation. The payout will be split between the flights.
June 12th & 13th - PMGA PFourman
Sat & Sun, June 12th & 13th
8:30 AM SHOTGUN
Four Man Teams
$50/Man Plus More Wagering Options
- Modified NET Stableford
- Albatros – 8
- Eagle – 5
- Birdie – 2
- Par – 0
- Bogey – -1
- Double Bogey – -3
- Old School Calcutta – $100 per Man
- (Optional “NOT REALLY”)
June 25th & 26th - PMGA Ptrifecta ***NEW FORMAT***
Saturday, June 25th & 26th
Friday – Scramble Format
Saturday – Best Ball & Chapman Scotch
Dinner Friday Night
July 17th - PMGA Jeffe’s Hot Ball
PMGA Jeffe’s Hot Ball
Saturday, July 17th
8:30 AM SHOTGUN
Four Man ABCD Teams
This will be a ABCD 2 Net BB hot ball event. Each player will have their own ball count for four holes with a MAX SCORE NET DOUBLE BOGEY. You will combine that “hot” ball with the best net ball from your other partners. Hole #8 and #10 will be BONUS holes as you can pick the best 2 Net BB of your group!
July 28th - 31st - PMGA PTRAP SHOOT
PMGA PTRAP SHOOT
Wed to Sat, July 28th – 31st
On behalf of the PMGA Board, we would like to formally invite you to attend
this season’s premier Men’s event, the Ptrap Shoot. Each year this fantastic
event brings together our members to showcase our great club to family,
friends, and business associates from all over the country. The Ptrap Shoot
combines the best that golf has to offer in competition and social entertainment.
Considered one of the finest Member/Guest events in all of Colorado, the Ptrap
Shoot is sure to create another year of wonderful memories for all of its
participants. We look forward to your participation!
Two Man 45 Hole Tournament w/Matches
Multiple choices of Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
This year’s entry fee is $1,200. If you are interested in playing, sign up on ForeTees by April
12th and send your check payable to the Ptarmigan Men’s Golf Association to:
PO Box 270786
Fort Collins, CO 80527
Checks must be mailed to the above PO Box and postmarked prior to April 11th, 2020. No
entries will be accepted at the pro shop or the front office. Cancellation Fee is $200.00 without a
lottery, $250.00 with a lottery.
August 14th & 15th - Ptarmigan Club Championship
Ptarmigan Club Championship
Sat & Sun, August 8th & 9th
Tee Times from 7:00 AM
2 Day – Individual Stroke Play
August 28th & 29th - Ptarmigan Senior Club Championship
Ptarmigan Senior Club Championship
Sat & Sun, August 28th & 29th
Tee Times from 10:00 AM
2 Day – Individual Stroke Play
September 11th & 12th - PMGA CO's BMW Member/Member
PMGA CO’s BMW Member/Member
Sat & Sun, September 11th & 12th
8:30 AM SHOTGUN
Calcutta- Two man create your own team
- Two Day Event (Saturday & Sunday). 9:00 am Shotgun both days.
- Calcutta is Thursday Night at 7:00 pm.
- Day 1 Format – Modified Chapman
- Day 2 Format – 2 Man Best Ball
- THIS IS ONE OF TWO TOURNAMENTS THAT ALL PLAY WILL BE FROM THE BLUE TEES.
- MAX 10 Shot Differential between partners
September 25th - PMGA Ram Rumble
PMGA Ram Rumble
Saturday, September 25th
Format: Each team will have a player teeing off from 4 separate tees
Black / Gold / Blue / White
Form your own Foursomes
October 7th - PMGA FLOG
Thursday October 7th
3:30 PM Shotgun
ABCD Back 9 Backwards (Par 3’s)
October 8th & 9th Poudre River/ Clear Creek Classic PCC vs RHGC INTERCLUB
Poudre River/ Clear Creek Classic
October 8th & 9th
Ptarmigan Country Club vs. Rolling Hills Golf Club Interclub
PLAYER OF THE YEAR POINT LEADERS